Become a member
In accordance with the dynamics of the youth work sector, the Trainers’ Pool of the Youth Department (TP YD) should ensure continuous up-date and access to the best-prepared and most competent trainers in the youth field in Europe, but at the same time should enable new competent young trainers to access the database and ultimately to be hired to run activities for the Youth Department. This requires very flexible admission criteria for the new members of the Trainers’ Pool. These criteria should allow new members to enter the Pool on a continuous basis while, maintaining the high quality standards in the YD and minimum level of competences required for TP members. See below how admission to the pool is organised and the relevant documents needed.
General admission criteria for new members of the pool
The applicant should:
- Possess as minimum the competence of a junior trainer as laid down in the „Competencies for YD external trainers: Profile of a junior trainer“;
- Have been actively involved in grassroots youth work since at least 4 years or have been actively involved in international youth work for at least 2 years;
- Have attended a training course for trainers of a minimum of 5 working days with YD or other partners in the field running similar trainings and have proven competencies in running intercultural non-formal education activities
- Be recommended by at least two trainers, of which at least one is a member of the Trainers Pool. The trainers providing recommendation letters should have worked together with the applicant in training courses as colleagues in a trainers’ team and the letter should make references to the competences of the applicant on the basis of this experience(s).
- Have done a self-assessment on his/her competences as trainer in European-level youth worker training (by thoroughly completing the self-assessment form provided by the YD)
- Be familiar with and adhere to the values and approaches of the Council of Europe in non-formal education youth activities.
The procedure for admission in the Trainers’ Pool comprises 3 major steps:
- Candidate trainers compile the application file comprising: the
, a recent CV and at least 2 letters of recommendation (out of which one should come from a member of the Trainers' Pool). The trainers providing recommendation letters should have worked together with the applicant in training courses as colleagues in a trainers’ team and the letter should make references to the competences of the applicant on the basis of this experience(s) and the roles and competences required as member of the Trainers Pool. You can make use of these guidelines:
- Once completed the application file is to be sent to the secretariat of the Youth Department of the Council of Europe
- The secretariat of the Youth Department assesses the application and communicates its decision to the applicants.
- If accepted for membership, the applicants will receive the registration key from the secretariat and be invited to fill in their profile and self-evaluation form on-line.
Registration on this website will not be considered equivalent for the application process. The profile of the user will not be validated.
Applications can be submitted any time throughout the year. The secretariat of the Youth Department assesses the submitted applications twice a year:
|Deadlines for submission:||30 November and 31 May|